Do you know the difference between self-employment and entrepreneurship?
Nowadays in many countries, self-employment prevails over the authentic business structure that defines businesses as companies.
Are you an entrepreneur or self-employed?
Before knowing how to go from self-employed to entrepreneur with Zoho, let’s take a look at the characteristics that define each one of these concepts:
1. You’re self-employed if…
- You need to find customers by yourself
- You market your own brand
- You have decided to be your own boss
- When your efficiency decreases, it directly impacts your earnings
- You charge only for the work done
- You have to figure out how to obtain new income by yourself
2. You’re an entrepreneur if…
- You coordinate and manage your own company
- You set strategies and new goals
- It is not necessary that you work to ensure that the company keeps on going
- Your workers are the business motor and not you
When your income depends 100% on you, then you are self-employed and this means, you just have a job and not a company.
If you’re self-employed, you’re next goal is to take the leap and become an entrepreneur
Your company will always depend on you, mostly when it comes to decision- making. But it will not compare to the self-employed dependency.
What can you do to make this change happen?
You can establish methods to execute tasks, this implies the definition of how tasks should be carried out and the expected results. This way, you won’t have to execute them yourself over and over again, because your employees will be able to do it for you.
Another way, is to use a software that can reproduce what you currently do, increasing productivity and minimizing risks.
If you’re considering the latter option then Zoho can help you, and if you already use Zoho but you still find yourself in the self-employed category, what you need to do is find out which are the business need that are yet to be covered and we will help you do so with Zoho and our consultancy services. If you want to know more about how our Zoho consultancy services can help you, take a look at this post.
Our objective is to help you grow with Zoho, just like us.